Major components of SiteLock Plans
- Upon purchasing a SiteLock Order, the associated domain name needs to be verified, in order to ascertain that the user indeed owns and controls this website.
- Domain names registered under HostNowNow.com will be automatically verified.
- For other domain names, the verification process can be completed in one of the following ways:
- – Add DNS Records for the TrueShield setup
- – Add a meta tag to your website page
- – Upload a file to your website
Instructions for these options are available in the SiteLock Dashboard.
Note: While all other scans will work even if the domain name has not been verified, the TrustSeal cannot be displayed on the website and an Application Scan cannot be conducted.
SiteLock performs two types of scans to detect malware and vulnerabilities on the website:
- -This scan is not available in the lowest Plan.
- -FTP details of the website need to be provided in order to run this scan.Inside-Out scan (FTP scan): An in-depth scan that downloads the website files on SiteLock’s servers and checks for malicious code.
Secure Malware Alert and Removal Tool (SMART)
- Using the FTP scan, SMART can automatically remove malicious code found on the website.
- The user has the option of enabling or disabling automatic malware removal.
- If enabled, SiteLock maintains the website’s change logs for a month.
Note:This scan is not available in the lowest Plan.
Security Badge or TrustSeal
Website owners can choose to install and display a Security Badge or TrustSeal on their website to assure users that their website is secure and malware-free. Since SiteLock performs all scans daily, the TrustSeal is update everyday to indicate that all scans have passed.
Note: The badge is displayed only when no issues are found during the website scan.